Becoming a Postfix mirror site
In order to have your Postfix mirror site listed on the Postfix web site, please send mail to email@example.com that answers the following questions.
Please note: Wietse often saves up the website updates for a week or more before going through them.
Timeliness: specify your mirroring frequency. Use a mirroring procedure that:
- runs as a CRON job
- runs least once a day.
Accuracy: specify what mirroring software will you be using. Use mirroring software that:
- downloads only the new files
- removes all files that no longer exist on the primary server.
Examples of mirroring software:
What: specify what files you are going to mirror:
- source code: ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/
- documentation: ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-master/
Where: specify at what URLs the information will be made available.
- Location: specify what city/country should be listed on the Postfix web site.